good and bad about both candidates.....
VOTE!! IT's for your childrens future
On the issues .org is a great website! :) It has all the candidates and how they feel about everything. It also offers there voting records and statements they have made over the lifetime of their career,.. which I think is very important.. its the walk that counts.. not the talk :)
Here are some things I like about McCain
1. Prevention & education apply to alcohol as well as marijuana. (Oct 1999)
2. I want schools to answer to parents and students. (Sep 2008)
3. Teach virtues in all schools. (Dec 1999)
4. Charters, homeschooling, & vouchers are key to success. (Dec 2007)
5. Address both the supply and demand sides of imported oil. (Jun 2008)
6. Supports flex-time & unpaid family leave. (Nov 2004) (good and bad.. unpaid family leave sucks)...
7. Parents should be active in media kids are exposed to. (Jul 1999)
8. Label violent media products like we label cigarettes. (Jun 1999)
9. I know how to use guns; but I don't own one. (Nov 2007)
10. Voted YES on increasing tobacco restrictions. (Jun 1998)
11. Double the child tax exemption from $3,500 to $7,000. (Sep 2008)
Thing I do not agree with.. or think he should have voted NO on.. if he supports these issues :(
1. Voted NO on $5B for grants to local educational agencies. (Oct 2005)
2. Voted against new investments in renewable energy. (Sep 2008)
3. Voted NO on $3.1B for emergency oil assistance for hurricane-hit areas. (Oct 2005)
4. Nuclear Iran is an existential threat to Israel. (Sep 2008) NO MORE WAR!!!!!!!!
5. Voted YES on allowing some lobbyist gifts to Congress. (Mar 2006) HELLO!! THis is very bad! Lobbiest cost us money! THIS IS CALLED A BRIBE.
6. McCain's $5,000 health tax credit would be taxed. (Aug 2008)
7. $5,000 refundable tax credit for every family. (Sep 2008)
8. Voted NO on including prescription drugs under Medicare. (Jun 2000)
9. Voted NO on limiting soldiers' deployment to 12 months. (Jul 2007)
10. Voted NO on restoring $565M for states' and ports' first responders. (Mar 2005)
11. Voted YES on allowing another round of military base closures. (May 1999)
12. Cut business taxes so companies will keep jobs in US. (Sep 2008)
13. Unions are monopolies; don't compel people to join. (Oct 2007)
14. Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
15. Said--then denied--he needed economics education. (Jan 2008)
16. Voted against MLK holiday in 1983; now calls that a mistake. (Apr 2008)
17. Mexico should extradite drug dealers to the US. (Mar 2007) Why in the heck would we do this!?
18. This guy has no idea what its like to be poor, to get a paycheck and still not have enough money to pay the bills. He has 7 houses and 13 veh's.. that he knows of.... He is currently Selling his house her in AZ for over 7 million bucks! with everything included.. It makes me sad :(
Things I like about Obama
1. Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception. (Apr 2008)
2. Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
3. Pay attention to Main Street, not just Wall Street. (Sep 2008)
4. Can't do anything at home with $12 billion a month on Iraq. (Feb 2008)
5. Protect consumers with Credit Card Bill of Rights. (Feb 2008)
6. Release people in bankruptcy due to health care problems. (Jan 2008)
7. No black or white America--just United States of America. (Oct 2006)
8. End tax breaks for companies that send jobs overseas. (Aug 2007)
9. Fight to rid our communities of meth. (Feb 2008)
10. Invest in early childhood education and higher education. (Aug 2008)
11. Evolution & science aren't incompatible with Christian faith. (Apr 2008)
12. Supports charter schools; it's important to experiment. (Feb 2008)
13. Children's First Agenda: zero to five early education. (Feb 2008)
14. $4,000 college tuition for 100 hours' public service a year. (Feb 2008) i think this is a great idea!!
15. Pay teachers more money & treat them like professionals. (Jun 2007)
16. Help families with paid sick days and better family leave. (Aug 2008)
17. Teach both abstinence and contraception to teens. (Apr 2008)
18. Restore dream of making children's lives better than parents. (Dec 2007)
19. All kids should learn about sexual abuse. (Jul 2007)
20. Lobbyists & special interests have strangle-hold on agenda. (Feb 2008)
21. Need a government that listens to the people again. (Feb 2008) great idea!!! :)
22. Create "Google for Government" to track government spending. (Aug 2007)
23. Guaranteed health care for anyone who needs it. (Jul 2008)
24. Ban insurance companies from discriminating against the sick. (Aug 2008)
25. No one turned away due to illness or pre-existing condition. (Feb 2008) This is a major issue with many people today! They get laid off, and have a medical condition.. then there new insurance wont cover it!.
26. Focus farm programs on family farms, not giant corporations. (Feb 2008) this is huge for my family!! My family are farmers and they are struggling right now! They are having to sell everything they have to get by.
27. Make the minimum wage a living wage. (Jun 2007) !!!!!!!
28. Working full-time should mean enough to support a family. (Oct 2006)
29. Tax cut for 95% of all working families, not corporations. (Aug 2008)
30. AdWatch: Fought for workers from college thru Senate. (Jul 2008) this shows he has been consistant on his views and really tries to make the changes needed.
Things I dont agree with or like:
1. No extra penalty for gang association. (Oct 2007)
2. A "secret smoker", especially around reporters. (Aug 2007)
3. Inappropriate to lie to public; just don't answer questions. (Sep 2008) this is good and bad.. I think all people in office should answer to the people who pay their bills
4. Disrupting Al Qaeda in Afghanistan prevented another 9/11. (Sep 2008) I believe the government likes to scare the american people into what they want us to believe and I dont think attacking the middle east has done a bit of good. We have plenty of terrorist groups right here in america. we should be spending the billions of $'s over here. Not there.
5. Paying more at Wal-Mart is worth it for having US jobs. (Dec 2007) ok, i half agree with this, but I like my cheap0 walmart prices and that is what low income families depend on is the walmart prices. But there is a need for more jobs here.
6. Promised 16-month exit; now 16-month reduction. (Sep 2008) grrrr. get us out of there!!
Take a few mins to read about the candidates.. Know whats right for your family! I am just encouraging everyone to VOTE! Standup for what you believe and a better life for you and your children!
The information here and on the website is all 100%%% FACTS!