Sunday, October 31, 2010
Adventure, thoughts and Ramblings from Casey at 2:41 AM
Thursday, October 28, 2010
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture I took of me and mike the first day we were in Utah. Its the basic picture of us, but the great amazing part is... Look behind mikes shoulder... Our sweet boys on the blanket behind us!! I couldnt have planned that better if I tried! I noticed it when I was about to Crop the picture, Glad I didnt, It makes it the perfect picture. an "All because 2 people fell in Love" Picture.
We went on a one day super short trip to Utah to visit my bestie Amy, She has started her own Photography business and I couldnt wait to get our family pictures done! She does Awesome work, Her pictures are Beatiful!
Utah is Wonderful! They have seasons, and the trees were all different colors. I had to work the night before we left, I was so tired, and then we got a call early in the morning staying they cancelled our Flight! :( So we had to catch the one before which means we had to get up, and rush around trying to get to the airport 1.5 hrs earlier.
Riley wanted to be a big helper and roll our suitcase all over, He did a good job, and looks cute doing it.
The boys did amazing on the plane, there and back.
Amy picked us up at the airport, It was so great to see her! We went to the hotel to check in, and spruce up for pictures. My eyes were puffy from crying all day the day before because of my dumb job and mean people. we took pictures, I got a few with my camera so here are some. I will post the ones Amy took when I get them, unless I look horrible..LOL, Hey.. this is my blog, and I'm allowed to weed out the good, Bad & the UGLY photos of me from appearing :)
The sun started to go down, and it got cold, we were tired and hungry so we went to dinner, I am proud of mike and the boys though, I know they dont like picture time, so I'm surprised I got them for as long as I did.
We went to a buffet place, they had great food! Then we dropped off the boys at the hotel and went to a movie for needed girly time. We saw. Life as We know it. It was great! :) Funny, sweet, sad I cried(again).. not good for following days pictures.
When I got back to the hotel the boys were sleeping. so I tried to get some sleep too. Turtle woke up at 530am.. then RIley and then of course I was wide awake and starving! peeked out the window to discover tons of SNOW!! we went down to grab some breakfast, then I got me and the boys bundled up and we ran outside to play in the snow in the parking lot .. at 6am! :)
it was fun, Brady didnt seem as amused, but Riley had a great time! and it was nice quaility time with them.
we went back to bed for a few more hours then got up and got ready so amy could come get us for more pictures and looking around the town. Riley took every oppurtunity to grab the snow he could find and hit me with it! :) But it was fun, I loved it.
Brady did great! Not a cry, or a whine unless he was hungry.
One of the coolest parts of the trip was going to Jimmy Johns!
We werent going to eat for a few more hours, but riley had to go potty, so we decided just to eat then, I had to google Jimmy Johns on my phone, then we had to find the closest one, Mike said he wanted to try it since they started sponcering Nascar.. (men) we pull into the parking lot, and it looked busy, the parking lot was full, so Amy asked if we wanted to stay or leave.. I shrugged and said I guess we can try it, I got out of the car and right next to our parking spot is the lane for the drive-thru. I beautiful lady in the car next to ours said 'casey?" I looked up and noticed it was my friend Krista!! :) The only other person I know in Salt Lake city. and I was just telling my hubby the day before that I talked to her on facebook, and wished we had more time to go see her while we were there!. :) So now I would say it was a completely successful trip! :) I got to see everyone I wanted to see, and snow, and pretty trees, & I got to shop at Target.. yeah Im a sucker for a Target store, :)
Last one.... This was 2 days before we went to Utah, I got Brady's christmas outfit.. I think :) and I had to try it on him! He just looks so cute I had to share this picture!!
In the end we decided traveling with 2 kids wasnt bad, BUT we are going to need a day inbetween flying, so we can actually enjoy the time, without stress, or jet lag. It will make everyone less grouchy :) not that there was grouchiness all the time, but more then I was hoping for.
Adventure, thoughts and Ramblings from Casey at 11:55 PM
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Tonight we went to the Pumpkin/chili festival at schepf farms! I Love it! we always have an amazing time!! I remember when we went last year, we were watching the band play, and the kids were dancing and I thought "next year there will be one more in our family" I had that moment today, sitting on a bale of hay showing turtle all the cool things, Its crazy how fast time goes,
We got there before dark this time! which was Fabulous, because we got to see all the things that are usually to dark to see,
Turtle was so good! as usual, just along for the ride, and only started to fuss once when he was hungry. Riley had a few nervous breakdowns but he was good too.
Petting zoo.. I got those feeding tabs to give the goats, riley fed this goat a little and then turned and gave the rest to me, and he took off running towards mike. About 30 seconds after this picture was taken, he ran and told mike "That is disgusting'! Mike said what is, and Riley said "that goat licked my hand" Lol, totally his fathers son!! so I fed the cutie goat the rest.. I asked michael if we could PLEASE have one!!
Better then a dog, and we wouldnt have to now the backyard!!,, he said NO :( boo.. meanie.
Here is riley running thru the Corn maze! and then one of us.
I dont know why all the family pics turn out like this every year on the hay stack, but I guess really bad lighting when its so dark outside, and the flash makes everything look weird!
& for some reason its sideways!!! what the heck?. oh well.. lol it works
Next year we will get a good one, before the sun goes down.
Mike and Riley in the pumpkin patch! we found out perfect little pumpkin just after we walking in the door! and Riley picked out one for him and one for brady.
There was a bike ride, that had 4 seats, and 2 stearing wheels, and 2 pedlers.. well I held brady, and got in, and I thought mike would pedal and steer.. well were were in the wrong seats because his sterring wheel was just for looks! We laughed so hard! I held brady and peddled and mike reached over to my side to steer, and there were so many bumps and hills, it was allot longer of a ride then we expected and we were so tired and sweaty after it, but mike did it again later with chris and the kids! it was fun though.
The babies, waiting for the older kids on the roller coaster and swings.
Riley rode the horse.. I dont think he likes animals much,,
me & my hubby
Right before we left we roasted marshmellows!! U cant see from this pic, but I have brady sideways in my right arm :) Multi-tasking.
This was the first time Riley has ever roasted marshmellows! we will be doing in more often since I got my fire pit for christmas last year! & the weather is finally cooling down!
Brady as we were walking back to the car,, he couldnt take it anymore and fell fast asleep sitting up.
Adventure, thoughts and Ramblings from Casey at 11:47 PM
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
1. I was recently invited to join my college honors society!!.. because of my 4.0 gpa. :) cool huh, im sure that will change when i have to take math next year though.
2. I have to have a glass of ice water next to the bed when i sleep, even if i never take one sip, its like a security blanket, and maybe the sole reason mike and i are together,when I was 18 my mom told me I couldnt have drinks in my room anymore including my "water" so I moved out, and in with 3 boys.. one which was my hubby.
3. I love to dip my bananas in grape juice
4. I microwave my m&ms... gooey in the middle with a hard candy shell..yumo
5. I can cry on que... shhhh, dont tell my husband this one..
6. My favorite thing to eat for breakfast is a bowl of ice cream.. and my son thinks its a normal breakfast food.
7. I dont sing in the shower.... but everywhere else i do.
8. I dont have a routine... there is nothing that i do @ the same time everyday. Or in the same order.
9. A clean kitchen and fresh flowers in the kitchen.. make me a very happy mommy. I mean.. glowing, spinning in circles wearing a fluffy skirt on a grassy hill kinda happy.. until they wilt and die. Or I make dinner and the kitchen is dirty.. once again
10. I love to window shop online, and add things to my cart... look for coupons to make the total cheaper...knowing that I never intend to actually buy them.
11. I love love love fuzzy socks.. getting them as gifts, buying them... but.. not wearing them.. I hate my feet hot
12. Stormy weather makes me feel alive and when i was little @ my grandmas house I use to think I could control the wind...& sometimes still do
13. When I was growing up my favorite show was 21 jump street, and from that I always knew I wanted to be an undercover cop.. or an actress.. now i suppose im a bit of both. :)
14. Im becoming more judgemental, and mouthy as I get older.. which I dont like, but @ least I refuse to get sh*t on anymore. Yay. :)
15. Ive had my heart broken by more women then men.... and im straight
16. I truely believe that honesty with a smile is the way to go, and if u screw up.. own up to it.
17. I am a born multi-tasker. I cant just watch tv I have to be doing something else too. I get bored easily.. hence this is my 32nd job and I have never been fired.
18. I can pick up most things with my toes, and riley and brady can too.. and... we all bite our toenails. Lol gross I know!! But only after a shower and I havent done it in years but we caught riley doing it the other day. And mike laughed.and said. 3 out of 4 people in this house bite their toes. :)
19. Im not as "blonde" as I act, but its great for entertainment value and its a great way to get people to open up and feel @ ease.. i changed schools so much as a kid , it just came in handy making new friends.
20. I love to try new things... learn new things.. but dont usually finish anything because ive already moved on to the next thing.
21. I love love love to dance and sing in my kitchen with my kiddos.. they love it to. It might be my favorite thing.
22. I have a bad memory.. but yet cant forget the things I most want to.
23. I cry when im really mad.. like right now.....
24. I love tomatos on nearly everything and lots of them, and pickles.
25. I very very rarely eat all my food. I pick off as much as I can of stuff that I wont get pure enjoyment out of to save calories.. :) yep. Thats my thinking.. if there is giant lumps of bread left over from a sub and mayo squeezed out... I see that as calories saved! :)
I guess I smell everything before I eat it at work (margaret at work noticed) :) hmmm.. do people not normally do that?
Adventure, thoughts and Ramblings from Casey at 1:24 AM
Monday, October 11, 2010
These aren't flattering pictures of me, but we had a great time :) and thats all that counts
He is just the cutest baby :) If I had time I would take him to one of those baby modeling places :)
Adventure, thoughts and Ramblings from Casey at 2:35 AM
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Brady michael, you are 6 months old today. Oh my how fast the time went by. Your beautiful inside and out. Your eyelashes are full and long, every womans dream. Your two bottom teeth started to come thru 4 days ago. Your hair is light golden blonde and its straight so far. Your eyes are an awesome brn/gry color. You love hugs, and when i kiss you. U place your hands on my cheeks and try and eat my nose. You love eskimo kisses, and u think butterfly kisses are so funny! Because u giggle everytime. U love to be tickled. And u talk all the time. When we lay u down for a nap on mommy and daddys bed, you keep lifting your head to each side to make sure we r still there laying next to you, then put your thumb in your mouth and fall fast asleep. You love to kick.. whoever is around. But in a playful giggly way. :) and u dont seem to mind phose or even care that she there. Sometimes u try and eat her tail. U think riley is weird... :) me too. But we love our little superhero. U love love love beans and mashed potatos.. so much that after the first bite, u shake your hands and feet like crazy and open your little mouth like a morning baby bird in the nest. :) im so amazed and blessed to have you. You are a perfect fit for our family, and one day u will do great things to make the world a better place. U brought me back to life @ a time when i needed it most. You saved me & i will be forever grateful for you. You are an amazing gift. Happy unbirthday my little turtle love. :) we cant wait to see what u do next.
Adventure, thoughts and Ramblings from Casey at 1:10 AM